Sunday, May 6, 2007

Still At It

Lest anyone have "worried," based on recent posts, that D&D was a passing fad for my kids (OK, I'm sure that doesn't rank on the scale of actual worries for you, and I would be Actually Worried if it did) ... no fear of that. E. is back at it -- his new character and his goblin ally Gibble have stowed away on a ship, conversed with a sorceror via his owl familiar, and been shipwrecked on a strange coast. I'll try to get that story up to date as fast as I can.

This morning I woke up and I heard various noises from E's room:

"Let's play D&D! I'll be the gamemaster."
"OK. Is this the story of how I get to your island?"
"No, I'm not in your game." (Meaning, E's character is in a different game from the game is intending to run for R. Some tricky multilevel cognition there)
"OK, well, you're walking along ..."

At that point I think I rolled over and went back to sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent. By the time we're old enough to be in nursing homes, we can have E over to run games for us. That's my ultimate goal.

We just have to all end up in the same nursing home.

Kyle said...

Steve,

I was worried. You are obviously a skilled DM. Thanks for saving the day and keeping us posted.

With this successful launch, I'm betting that E's interest level will at least stay in the green from now on.

Kyle

Steve Lane said...

Yes, we're off and running again, after I spent much of a Saturday working up material. Of course we have already been confronted by that old problem "what do you do when the players won't go where the adventure is?"

We worked it out :-)