Saturday, April 28, 2007

Rumblings

I was away for 3 days on a business trip last week. On getting back, I realized there was an odd sort of silence. Something wasn't getting said. Then I realized: E was not asking to play D&D!

I approached him. "Hey kiddo, do you want to play some D&D sometime?"

"Yeah, I guess."

Hmm.

"OK, well. I'll try to think of our next adventure."

"OK."

Next day, more silence. "Hey E, do you think you're going to want to play D&D again?"

"Yea, I dunno. Maybe not."

AAGH!

"Not enjoying it so much anymore?"

"Maybe not. Well ... I might want to play if the adventures weren't so BORING!"

Hmm.

"Boring eh?"

"Yeah, I want to go on a REAL ADVENTURE! Like a really real one!"

OK, I acknowledge all the back and forth across the island has gotten a bit repetitive. I haven't even posted all the adventures of his second (current) character. But could it be that D&D is just a two-week fad? Well, perhaps.

Perhaps.

No comments: